Continued partnership between 3D technology companies brings value to hearing care market for AudiologyNOW! 2017 in Indianapolis
DEARBORN, Mich. & COPENHAGEN, Denmark–EnvisionTEC, a global leader in 3D printers for the in-ear device and monitor market, and 3Shape, a global leader in 3D scanning and CAD/CAM software, today launch a new turnkey system for scanning, modeling and printing in-ear devices.
At AudiologyNow, the world’s largest gathering of audiologists, the two companies will jointly demonstrate how scanning, software and 3D printers work together to deliver an elegant, quick, cost-effective custom solution for hearing care professionals and their patients. The event will be held from April 5-8 in the Indiana Convention Center and Lucas Oil Stadium.
“EnvisionTEC is proud to continue partnering with 3Shape to deliver an integrated solution to the in-ear device market. Together, our 3D technologies delivers fast, reliable, custom solutions to hearing care professionals and their patients every day,” said CEO Al Siblani.
“Our partnership with EnvisionTEC has enabled many labs to easily migrate from their old manual intensive process to a full CAD/CAM workflow. The combined technologies offer a proven digital solution,” said Iain Mcleod, Business Unit Director, Audio, 3Shape.
EnvisionTEC and 3Shape will now offer a tightly integrated turnkey system to audiology professionals that includes:
- 3Shape H600 3D Scanner for fast, reliable and high accuracy 3D scanning of ear impressions.
- 3Shape software package for modeling up to 6,000 files and managing 3D print jobs, including:
- EarMouldDesigner for modeling of BTE ear moulds and soft silicone BTE ear moulds.
- ShellDesigner for modeling of ITE type shells, with all components (transducer, receiver, volume control, battery, etc.) incorporated into the modeling process.
- CAMBridge for efficient 3D print job management for clinics and small-to mid-sized manufacturers.
- A choice of two 3D printers, either:
- An Otoflash curing unit, to post-cure 3D print jobs to the desired finish.
- Training on the 3Shape scanner, software and 3D printer.
The technologies will be demonstrated in the booths for EnvisionTEC (551) and 3Shape (1329) during AudiologyNow! 2017. Package pricing depends on the 3D printer model selected.
EnvisionTEC is a leading global provider of professional-grade 3D printing solutions. Founded in 2002 with its pioneering commercial DLP printing technology, EnvisionTEC now sells more than 40 printers based on six distinct technologies that build objects from digital design files. The company’s premium 3D printers serve a variety of medical, professional and industrial markets, and are valued for precision, surface quality, functionality and speed. EnvisionTEC’s intellectual property includes more than 100 pending and granted patents and 70 proprietary materials. Learn more at EnvisionTEC.com.
3Shape creates 3D scanning and CAD/CAM software solutions. Award-winning technology that enables dental and hearing professionals to treat more people, more effectively and with improved care. A privately-owned company, 3Shape has over 850 employees with a product-development force of more than 275 professionals. 3Shape has offices and service centers located in the Americas, Asia and Europe that serve customers in more than 100 countries. Company headquarters are in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Sarah A. Webster, +1-313-888-4460
Download image press release at this link.